Drysdale’s School Of Tae Kwon Do
Training Secrets of Tae Kwon Do
An old proverb says that even heaven cannot make a diligent worker poor.
However, in Tae Kwon Do, diligence or intensive training alone does not
produce quality techniques. On the contrary, instructions from a false or
unqualified instructor would be worse than not being taught at all because
unscientific movements not only reduce the power but also require a
tremendous amount of time to correct. On the other hand, under the proper
guidance of a competent instructor, a student who trains earnestly with
dedication will learn the true techniques of Tae Kwon Do in a comparatively
short period of time with less effort.
Students should keep in mind the
1) To study the theory of power thoroughly.
2) To understand the purpose and method of each movement clearly.
3) To bring the action of eyes, hands, feet and breath into one single
4) To choose the appropriate attacking tool for each vital spot.
5) To become familiar with the correct angle and distance for attack and
6) Keep both the arms and legs bent slightly while movement is in motion.
7) All movements must begin with a backward motion with very few exceptions.
8) To create sine wave during the movement by utilizing the knee spring
“Following these guidelines will allow the
Student of Tae Kwon Do to become proficient in the complete understanding
and execution of Tae Kwon Do techniques. This is the “Secret” in becoming
successful in Tae Kwon Do.” Master David D. Drysdale Sr. VII Dan
Choi’s Encyclopedia of Tae Kwon Do